Your volunteer position will be as a Christmas "Bell Ringer".
The Salvation Army Redding is dependant on the financial donations raised through the Red Kettles at Christmas.
How to Volunteer:
1. Email The Salvation Army Redding email@example.com
2. Call our Community Center to volunteer (530) 222-2207 Press #1
3. Stop by our location: 2691 Larkspur Lane, Redding, CA 96002
Fill out a background check form. This is vital and will include i.d., email, phone/cell phone and address
4. You will NOT be able to select shift locations and times on-line. Contact us directly to select your shifts, times and locations for a Bell Ringing Shift.
5.If you are a Group, Please have One Coordinator/phone number, who will contact our office, assign each Bell Ringer a location, have this list available for our Kettle Office, and will maintain the group. Each group member must mention what group they are ringing for and their name when picking up their kettle.
6.Dress in festive clothing, costumes and comfortable shoes during your scheduled Bell Ringing Shift
7. Arrive early on your scheduled dayto pick up an empty Red Kettle at our Community Center 2691 Larkspur Lane, Redding, CA 96002
8. Return your Red Kettle promptly to our Community Center following your Bell Ringing Shift
9. Encourage friends, family members and others to be a Christmas Bell Ringer
10. Create a competition with another friend, business, organization or family member.
11. Advertise on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., inviting your followers to come and support your Red Kettle